Al Aluminum Stretchers are designed and made here in Sydney. The Stretchers offer advantages in the following situations:
- Where large canvases need to be stretched
- Where exposure to large variations in heat and moisture levels exist (outdoors, or in tropical/cold climates)
- Where tolerances for movement within the stretcher frame are very small
- Where fire code regulations make the use of wood stretchers unacceptable
- Where artists wish to keep a "Main Stretcher" for painting which will stand up to repeated reuse
- When shipping paintings overseas there is no FSC or paperwork needed for customs as these don't carry any wood in the design.
Available in 40mm thickness, these aluminium stretchers are fitted with a resin base backing strip to permit easy stapling of the canvas and a mechanical keying system for the corner joints and braces allows for fine-tuned adjustment of tension throughout the canvas. These aluminium stretchers are easily taken apart and reassembled, making it possible to move, ship, and store even oversized canvases. These stretchers will maintain their integrity through adverse conditions and have a high degree of resistence to corrosion.